Monday 2 January 2012

A Long Post...

Hi everyone, hope the new year has been good to you so far.  Just getting kids ready to go back to school tomorrow, can wait for normality again (I know that sounds boring)!.

Just a few things I wanted to show you.  First is my pressie from Santa (or rather my hubbie).  He doesn't usually buy me crafty goodies but I really wanted them

Not both sets, that would be pushing it too far but the set B colours on top (I got set A last year).  I love them and now my daughter loves them too.  She made a card for her friend Elena who was 8 on New Years Day...

The backing paper was candy I won from Michelle at the Card Grotto, and the girl image is from SJ's Little Musings, I think it was a Freebie some time ago but Evie loves colouring them in.  She cut them out as well with my Spellbinders die, we are both really pleased with how it turned out.

Just a couple more cards to show you.  Sometimes I get asked by friends to make special cards for special occasions.  The first one is a wedding card for a friend at my son's nursery, her daughter Jenni got married yesterday and this is what I made for her...

There colours were teal and silver.  I printed their names onto pearl card and then put a vellum wrap over the top and attached the arrangement with the sentiment at the bottom.  This card needs a box so I made a matching one.

And finally, it was my husband's grandma's 90th birthday today and we all went over to Oldham for a party, we don't often see the Lancashire side of the family but when we do we have a good time, this is the card I made for her...

It's loosely based along the lines of the last one, only this time I printed Pink Petticoat Grannies Wallpaper backing paper on to pearl paper, then ran it through my printer again adding the sentiment at the bottom, think she will like it.

Well that's all for now.  If you got to the bottom and survived, well done.  I'm off to put the kids in bed now and will be back later to put on my 5 fave cards of 2011.

Lots of love

Jo x

2 comments:

  1. ooh wow how lucky were you.. your husband is a star! I hope your present to him was as impressive lol
    Love all your cards .. the wedding card is beautiful and they will love that it matches the colour scheme.
    See you soon
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, Happy New Year to you and your family, sounds like a great party to start the year off and quite an age too :)
    Love your two cards and your daughters is so sweet too, fab colouring, I bet her friend was thrilled with it :)
    My two are back to school this week too, will be good to get normality back :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...